Its 4.30 in the morning and i get woken from my (only) 3 hour sleep by "Are You Ready"(quite suitable don't you think) on my iPod's alarm. My mate and I quickly sprung into action, too excited to eat we got our shit ready and left by 4.45. Gate 10 was our destination.
At 5.20 we finally arrived at Gate 10... to find ourselves the only ones there. I went for a bit of a walk around and there wasn't anyone else.. therefore i can say this..
F1RST!
After about half an hour 2 more people arrived who were roughly my age who we made friends with and such. then 2more arrived and another 2. These people were all roughly our age and we all became friends in the midst of the excitement. They were a great bunch of people.
Come midday time, the wait was horrendous. Lucky we had a trusty "ghetto blasta" (that only had one speaker working)that we pimped out with some AC/DC sketchings with a few albums burnt onto disc to keep us entertained.
Come 4.30 I had bought my pair of devil along with other merchandise and was pumped and ready now that I would be able to contribute to the flashing devil horns fiasco.
5.15... oh god, longest 15 minutes of my life waiting for the gates to open. Then they announced "bladada please don't run" and shit like that. Wadya reckon my mates and I did once we had our tickets scanned? Yea your right but it was worth it. We got right at the front and I believe we had some of the best positions in the house.
Once inside the stage area we were waiting around 45 minutes for the first band to come onstage called "Calling all Cars"
To me calling all cars was good but they weren't mind blowing. They had a few good songs which I found myself bobbing my head to subtly.. By the time they had finished I was looking forward to Wolfmother.
About 30 minutes later Wolfmother graced the stage, something I was actually looking forward to. I didn't make my expectations high so I wasnt dissapointed but they were really good. As I was a Wolfmother fan back in year 8 it was good to see them live. They played stuff from the new album and stuff from the original album along with a cover of the Door's "Riders on the Storm" and Led Zeppelins "Communication Breakdown" which I think they did really well. After they done it hit me, my heroes were about to be in the flesh before my very own eyes.
Waiting....
Watiting...
waiting...
Then Subiaco ovals lights dim, then I knew for sure that it was about to start.
Then the animation began... (I'm sure you've all seen it before so i wont get into that)
Right towards then end of the animation before the train smashes through the screen I knew what was about to happen and I was excited.
Then those open chords started for Rock n Roll Train and there they were... Mal, Phil, Cliff, Brian and Angus. My heroes in the flesh before my very own eyes. My mate and I looked at each other and just went absolutely ballistic. I knew from that point that this night was gonna be the best night of my life.
Ya know, seeing your first born is probably gonna be cool, seeing them take their first step and first words is gonna be cool as well but it won't be as thrilling as seeing your heroes in the flesh.
So the usual set list went through and then came "The Jack" and you know what that means...
The cameras panned the crowd and found a few women who would "Flesh ther teates" as Brian would say. I saw a lot more than what the camera found though... A LOT more....
So the songs went through and on came High Voltage and instead of having the crowd or the boys on screen for the majority of the song, there was a slide show of Bon
which I thought was really well done and a very nice ode to the late great. At the end of the song Bon winks to the crowd which I thought was very well done and tasteful.
And so it continued and Brian said some stuff in between songs, ya know the usual stuff. Also during the songs a couple of times Brian saw my mate and I goin mental and kinda gave us a look and chuckled... which made us go mental even more.
Whole Lotta Rosie came on and the big Rosie flashing her lower regions rode the rock n roll train which was very humorous.
then Let There Be Rock, once of my favorite all time AC/DC songs. They played it all and with Angus's 20 something minute solo I was "shocked" (get it (; ). Apparently when I was talking to a guy i know at the after party, Phil left the stage when Angus started his solo and came back just before the drums came in again but was rubbing his nose like he'd snorted something... which doesn't surprise me.
Then for the encore they played Highway to Hell and For Those about to Rock.
I was so excited when FTATR came on, I knew it was gonna be the end of the show... but the cannons! I found myself throwing my finger in the air like Brian does in the music video when he shouts "Fire!" and "Shoot". It was amazing... it was soooooo good. Come the end of the song i thought the show was over but fireworks and explosions went of on the stage which was quite entertaining but stupid me looked up at the fireworks and got bits of it in my eyes... ouch.
Afterwards I headed to the Bon Scott after party which was great.
All in all it was the greatest night of my life.
BTW this is the review I was asked to write for acdcfans.net you can check it out there aswell
Mar 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment